User experience & usability in complex systems
10/2010 — 09/2015. Project ended.
Participants of the programme are Kone, Metso Paper, Rautaruukki, Konecranes, Fastems, VTT, Aalto University, University of Jyväskylä, University of Tampere and Tampere University of Technology. The project is FIMECC SHOK funded.
The programme aims to develop
- conceptual framework of user and customer experience.
- customer and user driven practises which facilitate dialogue between producers and customers/users.
- new user interaction concepts and tools which improve user experience and productiveness.
The programme is based on the view that in the future
- the success and competitiveness of companies are strongly related to user and human-centered interaction and sustainable process, products and services.
- collaboration in the open innovation network (cooperation of academy, research and industry) as well as co-creation between different parties are necessary in mastering the new and emerging innovation challenges.
- knowledge transformation between research and practice, academy and business will be essential for innovation processes.